Wondering why you should choose a waterbased finish for your wood floor? Because it’s more durable, better for your health and for the environment, faster to implement and non-flammable. And because there’s nothing quite like a beautiful wood floor to take a room to the next level. Let’s take an in-depth look at the advantages of a waterbased finish.
- Durability: waterbased finishes offer the ultimate protection for your wood floor. Tested for abrasion resistance, some have proven to be five times more resistant than oil-based finishes.
- Less odor and better for the environment, thanks to its lower VOC content. VOC stands for volatile organic compounds. Simply stated, VOCs are gases emanating from certain solids. Exposure to increased VOCs can cause health and environmental problems, so limiting them should be a top priority.
- Because most water-based finishes dry clear, the floor’s natural wood hues shine through without the yellowing that oil-based finishes can produce. Stand back and enjoy the beauty!
- Quicker drying times. Water is thinner than oil, so applications dry quickly. And, no, that doesn’t mean you need more coats. Faster curing times mean less downtime and can get your floor back in action just 24 hours later. (This is one of the reasons fewer VOCs are released.)
- Waterbased finishes are not combustible or flammable, and neither are their vapors. Because you don’t need to be worrying about a fire on top of everything else.
There are a lot of options in floor care, and it can get overwhelming quickly. That’s why Basic Coatings® makes it easy. We’re here to educate, evaluate and advise you on what’s best for your floors. To learn more about the advantages of waterbased finishes from Basic Coatings, click here.